Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kai Po Che!


Grade: 20/D+

Newshouse review of the feeble middlebrow Bollywood drama Kai Po Che!. Has the lowest stakes of any film I've seen this year until it reaches its risible finale, which uses tragedy in a way I found cheap and opportunistic. Also: I think this movie has more montages than the entire Rocky series, which would be fine if they weren't so bland.

Did you know that you can like The Film Temple on Facebook and follow @thefilmtemple on Twitter? Well you do now!

I also contribute to The Airspace, pretty terrific site by a bunch of smart people. Give it a look.

Does that number by the grade confuse you? Go over to this
link, where I explain my idiotically specific 100-point system and how it corresponds to the grades.

Curious about my favorite films from various years? Check out my account on
Letterboxd.

No comments:

Post a Comment